According to the Chick-fli-A Official website “Chick-fil-A is a family-owned and family-led company serving the communities in which it operates. From the day Truett Cathy started the company, he began applying biblically-based principles to managing his business.” This only writes to the corporation and corporate image. This doesn’t speak to the individual owners, workers and those addicted to the fast food products.
Please note this is for all Chick-fli-A associations including
- Chick-fil-A Dwarf House Restaurants,
- Truett’s Grill, and
- Satellite or “lunch-counters”
There are gay employees and consumers of Chick-fli-A, even though politically it is buying someone a new pair of steel-tip boots to kick your ass.
For example; on Reddit a lesbian, addicted to Chick-fli-A waffle fries, is seeking advice:
I need your help: as a lesbian, I kinda hate Chick-fil-A and it’s stance on homosexual relations… BUT, on the other hand… …as an avid chicken consumer, i cannot resist their poultry based deliciousness.
In the end: they’re taking my money regardless of my sexual orientation and I’m enjoying every savory bite of my golden brown waffle fries regardless of their political and spiritual beliefs… so I guess that says something about us both.
Here is the Challenge
I cam calling all Gays, Lesbians, Gay Friendly and Gay Supporters who have the “investment fever” to buy a Chick-fli-A Franchise.
For an initial financial commitment of $5,000, selected franchisees (who we call Operators) are granted the rights necessary to operate a franchised Chick-fil-A Restaurant business. The Chick-fil-A franchise opportunity requires that the individual be free of any other active business ventures and operate the Restaurant on a full-time, hands-on basis.
Chick-fil-A Operators must successfully complete an extensive, multi-week training program prior to commencing operation of a franchised Chick-fil-A Restaurant business. With additional development courses and franchise support available, Chick-fil-A Operators are equipped to handle decisions and reap the rewards of a challenging business.
If we can’t change the policies and politics from the outside … let’s get in there and change in from the inside!
The 15 Minute Challenge
NOTE: This is a serious challenge and should be used with caution. Before you go and take this challenge talk to the specific Owner of the targeted Chick-fil-A. Find out where he/she stands. What if the owner is gay? You only want to target anti-gay Chick-fli-A.
If you can’t afford a Chick-fil-A franchise opportunity then here are other ways to force Chick-fli-A to see the “error of their ways”. FYI – Chick-fil-A Restaurant system-wide sales in 2011 reached $4.1 billion. These figures reflect an 13.08% increase over the chain’s 2010 performance and a same-store sales increase of 7%. We need to change that.
- Did you know Chick-fil-A currently has 32 drive-thru-only Restaurants. That gives an opportunity for the slow orders. I know you exist! Head on over and get into the drive through during the rush hours (breakfast, lunch, dinner). Take your time … 15 minutes should do it. Be patient. Ignore the honking horns. Talk on the phone pretending to take orders, keep changing your mind … anything. During the 15 mins Chick-fil-A would have made between five or seven sales. Your 15 minute stall cost them serious profit but it will piss other people off who need it quick and they will either get out of line to go inside or somewhere else. After your 15 minutes – if you feel you made a difference order a drink, you must be thirsty or if you dare … just drive on through.
- Here is a tough one. Many Chick-fil-A are located in a Mall and there are also rush hours in a mall. Get in line, two or three if there are multiple cashiers. Take your time. See if you can make the 15 minute mark … Just keep “ummming”…. look over the menu, begin to order, change your mind and at the end of 15 minutes … just leave. I almost sure that they line behind you just lost at least 5-10 customers – if you time it just right.
- If you go to a Satellite or “lunch-counter” order only water. This is an easy one – just hold off on ordering until your 15 minutes and then leave.
Money is the foundation of capitalism and the political process of the United States. You can’t make people stop going to Chick-fil-A or stop them from building a franchise in your back yard. But nothing would please me more than 52% gay ownership of Chick-fil-A franchises!!